Friday, July 17, 2015

The Glittery Toy Box

[Photo from SDCC 2015]

Hello, and welcome to The Glittery Toy Box! My name is Kaitie and this is my toy blog. I have been working on getting my toy blog up and running, but daily life always seems to get in the way. I originally planned to have this up about 2 months ago, but better late than never, right?

A little bit about me: I'm in my late 20's and I live on the West Coast of the USA. I am a huge collector! I mainly collect Hello Kitty, My Little Pony (MLP), and various items from traveling. I'm an overall avid toy/collectible collector, so anything that catches my eye, really. Since I have so much Hello Kitty and MLP merchandise, I will be creating separate blogs for those and that way my other collectibles will not be overshadowed. - As for my travel collectibles, I typically try to get a Shot Glass, then a Magnet, then a Keychain, and then a Pin from every place I go and in that order. I also collect Starbucks Mugs from where I have been to, as well as trade Starbucks mugs.

Coming up, I will be posting about SDCC 2015, Marvel Collector Corps, and slowly showing my collections. It will be a while to get all the things I have collectible over the many years, but I will definitely work hard to get it all blogged! What will be on the blog soon is the more recent things I have collected!

I also love connecting with other collectors! Please, feel free to leave comments and leave your blog link in the comments!

PS- The man in the picture with me is my best friend and partner in life, Sheldon! You may have spotted him at conventions introducing himself as a member of Afronauts. Along with fellow member, Seth, they use the brand to promote Afrofuturism in comics, media, and pop culture. He'll be featured a lot on this blog too as he is my main helper! You can follow him on Facebook for daily posts and on Tumblr for articles and blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment