Sunday, August 9, 2015

SDCC 2015 - Part 2

I'm concluding my trip to SDCC 2015 in this post. Sorry I took such a break between Part 1 and Part 2, but I wrote the first part right before my vacation to Tennessee. I have been away in Tennessee for the last 2 weeks visiting family. Anyway, let's get to the good stuff!
[at the hotel before going to SDCC 2015 Saturday]

[the line for the Babylon 5 panel]

Saturday was the last day for me at SDCC. The biggest goal was to get into the Babylon 5 panel. I watched the entire show this year, because of how highly it was recommended to me and I have to say I love it! It is definitely on my list of all time favorites in terms of TV shows. So, seeing the (living) cast members was a big deal to me. 

We were a little nervous upon arriving to the line outside, because only the first part of the line was guaranteed to get in. The other side with the 2nd part of the line (which is where we stood) was not guaranteed a spot.
[waiting for the Babylon 5 panel to start]

I'm happy to report that we did indeed make it into the audience of the panel and we had a pretty good seat too!

[the living cast of Babylon 5 at SDCC 2015]

It was a great privilege to be able to hear the cast members speak on their experiences and hear their stories from the years they were on the show. They gave me a whole new angle and appreciation to the show and I can say I love the series even more after that experience!

[SyFy Sharknado promo in the Gaslamp District]

After the Babylon 5 panel we went back to the convention. Mind you that we had been in there before to try and get what we wanted from the Funko booth (AGAIN!), only to be turned away and told to come back later. We did come back later and was turned away again, but told they were sold out for the day and would not be selling anything until tomorrow, so basically we were given the runaround the entire time we were at SDCC by Funko. It really made me lose a lot of respect for the company and the way they handled things. - Anyway, we walked the Gaslamp District after that mess. There is so much going on in the city itself during the whole convention! If you have never been to SDCC I really suggest not just walking around in the convention center, but do get out and see what is going on across the street; in the Gaslamp District; and at Petco Stadium. So many vendors, companies, and just general entertainment! If you have been to SDCC and never stepped outside the convention center, you need to next time!

[Hasbro's Chicken Pinkie Pie]

After my frustration from Funko and being unable to get the exclusive My Melody figure from Sanrio as well, I was feeling pretty down. Out of nowhere, my convention partner, Afronauts, surprised me with this awesome Chicken Pinkie Pie from the Hasbro booth! I have to say, to this date, it's probably in my top 10 best My Little Pony collectibles that I have and I have a lot of MLP merchandise!
[Hasbro's bag with purchase]

Any purchase from the Hasbro booth was given with the giant reusable bag you see in the picture above. This bag is so big that I can literally fit my whole body in it with room to spare!

So, that concludes my experience of SDCC 2015! I saw a lot and learned a lot. There was some disappointments and frustrating moments, but mostly it was fun and I enjoyed it! I'm seriously thinking of attending next year! Leave your comments, questions, and links to your blog below!

No comments:

Post a Comment