Friday, December 25, 2015

Unboxing: Marvel Collector Corps - December Box

To all those who celebrate: Merry Christmas! I hope you're having a magical day! To those who celebrate the many other holidays around this time of year: Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Solstice! If you don't celebrate anything, then consider you and your bank account steps ahead of the rest of us!
[December Collector Corps box]

Christmas came early! Well, from Collector Corps, anyway. My tracking information said I would not receive my box until December 26, 2015. I was a bit bummed by that, because I thought I read that all December boxes would be delivered by Christmas. However, yesterday on Christmas Eve, my mailman gave me a package and it just so happened to be my December Collector Corps box!

As mentioned in a previous post, the theme for December is "Guardians of the Galaxy". The box features Star-Lord on it.
[inside the Guardians of the Galaxy box]

As usual, when the box is first opened the patch and pin of the month are revealed on top and the box inside is printed with artwork from comics. In this months box it has Guardians of the galaxy artwork, obviously. Also, my pin was very well stuck down to the cardboard, it was just stuck down in a very odd position.
[December Collector Corps patch]

The patch for December features Rocket Raccoon. I can't say I love this patch, because he looks pretty evil. I know he's not as adorable as Funko tends to make him, but he just looks downright evil here. The patch is exclusive to Collector Corps and cannot be bought anywhere else.
[December Collector Corps pin]

Groot is featured on the December pin. Again, he looks like a evil version of Groot. Or at least very angry. I'm not quite sure what they were going for with the patch and pin this month, because the rest of the box is filled with adorableness. The pin is also exclusive to Collector Corps and is not purchasable outside of the program.
[Guardians of Infinity Collector Corps Variant]

As normal, when the top of the inside of the box is lifted up the comic is revealed. So, now it's easy to see why I said the box is filled with adorableness! Just look at this months variant! It's Rocket Raccoon decorating Groot for the holidays and they both look too cute! This is by far my favorite variant cover so far in the Collector Corps program! It has even enticed me to read the comic!
[December Collector Corps Scarf]

The rest of the contents in the box where underneath the comic and all 3 things were FIRSTS in the Collector Corps program. First off, there was no t-shirt this month, but instead a SCARF! It's an adorable scarf! I was impressed with how well made it is too. It's very thick and durable, and something one could actually use if they wanted to. It reminds me a rugby or soccer/football scarf, it's that well made! The one side features Groot in all his glory!
[Guardians of the Galaxy Scarf]

The scarf is reversible and the other side features mini versions of the Guardians in black with the words: "Guardians of the Galaxy" in a digital-like print. Again, I'm very impressed with the scarf and it's a nice, detailed touch that it would be reversible.
[December Collector Corps Ornaments]

Another first and exclusive to the program were ornaments! I had spotted some people selling these before, but didn't realize they were from Collector Corps. Anyway, I'm glad they were for the program and I'm really happy to have received them! 
[Funko Pop! Rocket Raccoon & Groot Ornaments]

Again, these ornaments are just adorableness on a string! Groot is a mini version of the holiday Funko Pop! at Hot Topic this year and Rocket Raccoon's blaster has a bow on it! Too cute! While we may not have gotten actual "Pop! Figures" this time, I am happy with these!
[December Collector Corps Mug]

Lastly, here is another exclusive and the first time the program has ever featured a MUG! I was a bit surprised by this one. In the previous boxes we have always gotten multiple figures. Whether the figure was considered a "Drobz" or a "Mystery Mini" or "Pop! Figure", it has always been a given that we received 2 figures, but this time around it was a mug. I suppose it would technically be considered 2 figures in this box, because the ornaments were a double pack.......... Anyway, the mug is in the shape of Star-Lord's face and painted as such.
[Collector Corps Star-Lord Mug]

Here's the mug out of the box. Honestly, I will never use this mug. It kind of freaks me out a bit. I'm not 100% sure why, but I guess it's just the thought of drinking out of someone's head.......? I'm not a huge Star-Lord fan either. I enjoyed Chris Pratt's portrayal of him in the movie, but that's about it. 

Overall, this box was a winner! I can't decide which box I like better- this December box or the August/Secret Wars box........ It's actually a bit hard to compare this box to the previous ones, because it really does not follow the pattern we are use to. However, I'm not disappointed by the fact that this box is unique in its contents. I enjoyed the holiday touch and the different items! 

Next up is Deadpool! If you're a Deadpool fan then make sure to order the box by February-15, 2016! Also, I realize I skipped a box. October's box came right before I left for Comikaze and I never had time to post it and never really made time after I came back, because of work and then the holidays. Trust me, I'll get to it eventually. Better late than never, right? Again, happy holidays to all and leave comments below!

***I do not make any commission for the links connected to this blog. Everything posted is my own opinion and every item mentioned was purchased on my own with my own money!

No comments:

Post a Comment