Monday, April 4, 2016

WonderCon 2016 - Day 3

Well, I did not attend WonderCon on Day 2, and that was quite alright with me! I caught up on some much needed rest and relaxed in LA! My partner, Agent Afronaut, spent the day going to panels and doing interviews, as he had a press badge. I did not have a press badge, so I would have been alone most of the day, had I went.
[myself as Spider Gwen with a Silk cosplayer]

Day 3 was the return of my Spider Gwen cosplay and also the retirement day. I am not sure how it happened, but by the end of the day just about every piece of my cosplay was ruined. I guess I socialized and webbed-out more than I thought I did, because when I went to change at my hotel I was shocked to see how my cosplay was so badly damaged! Oh, well. I had fun with it and I look forward to doing new things! 
[myself as Spider Gwen with Miles Morales & Silk cosplayers]

Some of the first amazing cosplayers I ran into happened to be near each other, so why not a group photo! Representing the Spider Verse: Gwen, Miles, and Cindy.
[myself as Spider Gwen with a Silk cosplayer]

So, Day 3 was mostly about socializing with other cosplayers and attendees. I took a lot of pictures and had a lot of fun! - I ran into the girl above who was holding down a table for an artist. Of course, we had to team-up for obvious reasons!
[with a Rapunzel cosplayer]

The girl above was so lovely to talk to, not to mention she had an amazing cosplay of the Rapunzel going on! I loved her hair, it's what made me stop her! She told me she didn't make the wig herself, but it still looks amazing on her!
[myself with Melody Wang aka Chukairi]

I always make time for friends! I had to say goodbye to Melody, but I will see her at Fanime in May. (I'll see you there too if you attend!) She had a very busy WonderCon, but of course she did since she has many admirers!
[myself with Heather Curfman]

Heather is the sweetest! Unfortunately, I'm not sure when the next time is that I'll see her, but I enjoyed spending time with her at WonderCon! She had a very successful con! She was comissioned to make some Spider Gwen covers and she did a perfect job! You should check them out
[myself with a Harley Quinn cosplayer from Prism Comics]

So, when passing the Prism Comics booth, this amazing Harley Quinn cosplayer stopped us and she was the PERFECT Harley! Not only does she actually look like Harley Quinn is suppose to, but her role play never quit! From her acting to her voice, she was spot on! She was also so sweet! - In the pic, I tried to look annoyed, but I failed! She was just too cute!
[myself with BB8]

On Day 1, I had taken a pic of myself with BB8 at the Funko/Bounty Hunters booth, but it didn't turn out so well. So, if at first you don't succeed, try again!

Well, I had loads of fun at WonderCon this year, but as I said before I liked it in Anaheim better. I'm looking forward to next year even though it will be a long journey for me as I am moving to New York this year. Oops! I guess I just let the secret out! Haha! Yes, I'm moving from California to New York! Talk about a change! I'll be attending Kraken Con next and a few other cons in California before I head out. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Great Post about an awesome Con and an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete