Thursday, November 12, 2015

Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo - Day 2

[us with an Ice King cosplayer]

Day 2 of Comikaze, for us, was spent mostly mingling with cosplayers and catching up with people we had met on Day 1. I cosplayed as Spider Gwen again and my friend Selly was in her Spider-Man suit like the day before!

[more spider cosplay]

Honestly, I love the 2nd or 3rd days of cons, because I feel much more relaxed than the first day and it's less about exploring the convention and more about the social aspect. I met a lot of cool cosplayers and was able to make a better connection with a lot of artists and writers I had met on Day 1.
[myself with Agent Afronaut and Darryl McDaniels]

I was able to meet Darryl McDaniels aka DMC (from Run-DMC). He was super nice and a great guy to talk to. I look forward to reading his work!
[us with TMNT cosplayers]

After mingling in the main convention room, we headed back to the South Hall before leaving to see what was going on there. There were tons of actors and cosplayers there for autographs. It seemed like just about every generation of Power Rangers were represented there by 1 or more actors from the series. We also ran into a group who had some really great Ninja Turtle cosplay going on!

Honestly, Day 2 was pretty chill. I don't have as many pictures to show off here, but what I can say is that we had a lot of fun! I would definitely consider Comikaze one of my top conventions that I've attended and I would definitely go back next year! The atmosphere and ambiance was perfect and I know a lot of that has to do with the organization putting on the con, so I would say Comikaze did an excellent job! I didn't attend Day 3, because I left for home that day. I'll post all my convention goodies soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment