Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Unboxing: Marvel's Collector Corps - July Box

Well, I know it's been a few months since the last post, but I'm not gone forever! Just had an extremely busy summer! Time to play catch up!
[Collector Corps August 2016 box - Spider-Man]

Today I'm doing an unboxing of the Collector Corps August 2016 box. The theme was Spider-Man. Can you tell? LoL! I know I'm a bit behind, as I am missing the previous 3 months boxes, but I'm on time with this one! I received this a few days ago and I'm sharing the contents.
[The pin and patch from the August 2016 Collector Corps box.]


As always, when the box is opened the pin and patch are revealed on top. Since the theme was Spider-Man they obviously made both the pin and patch this month in honor of Spider-Man. The pin has the Spider-Man symbol and the patch has Spider-Man's face. They're both very simple, but straight to the point.
[Contents of the August 2016 Collector Corps Box]


As always, when the top of the box is lifted, the rest of the contents are revealed. The first thing I noticed- no shirt. This would be the second time that Collector Corps has not given us a shirt. The first time being in the December 2015 box (Guardians of the Galaxy) where they provided a scarf instead of a shirt.
[Marvel Amazing Spider-Man #16 - Collector Corps Variant]


The comic provided this time was issue #16 of "The Amazing Spider-Man", which I am not a collector of, but the cover is cute and features a Funko Pop! version of Spider-Man. Also to be noted- we normally receive the #1 issue of a comic in the box, however this time they sent an comic several issues into the series. I'm not bothered either way, as I don't read any of the comics they send.
[Inside the Collector Corps 2016 August Box]


Underneath the comic, are the 3 other pieces of the August box. They sent a Fabrikations of Spider-Man, a Spider-Man Funko Pop!, and a hat.
[Funko Fabrikations #32 - Spider-Man]


I have never been a fan of the Fabrikations series by Funko. I've never found one I had to have or was worth the money and the price tag is usually around $25. I will admit this is a super cute Spider-Man though! He's definitely a keeper to me and well made! This item alone is about the cost of the whole box!

[Funko Pop! #160 - Spider-Man]

The Pop! Figure they sent of Spider-Man is an exclusive to Collector Corps this month. He's cute and sits in his spider pose.
[Collector Corps Exclusive Spider-Man Hat]


The Amazing Spider-Man hat is the other exclusive of the month. I'm not a hat person and my partner who I share the boxes with is not a hat person either, so we're left with a hat that no one will use. I will say that we are both very impressed by the hat and it is well constructed! My partner actually really likes it, but I know he'll never wear it!

Overall, this box is definitely worth it! It is no longer available to buy, but if you ever go to a convention where Funko and Collector Corps are, you can purchase the box there! People always have them on eBay as well. The August box definitely was well over the $25 subscription fee and if you're a Spider-Man fan you need this!

Up Next: Dr.Strange - October 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment