Thursday, June 8, 2017

FanimeCon 2017 - Part 2

Before I continue with Part 2 of my Fanime 2017 experience, I'd like to share what I did before the con on Day 3- Our AirBnB was literally right next to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum! We could literally see it from the driveway behind the house. National Geographic filmed an x-ray of a mummy here. If you're in the area, I highly suggest checking out this place! It's very interesting!

So, now, on with the con! I split up my entries, since all my blog posts tend to be pic-heavy! This way the entries are shorter and quicker to load!
[the San Jose Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum]
[at FanimeCon 2017]

Day 3, May-28, Sunday, was my Miku cosplay day! I love being Miku! I always feel cute and like a star! She's so cute to embody!
[one of the main artist of the con: Finni Chang]


Day 2 was *Purchase Day* for me! I did the bulk of my buying that day and most of it was in Artist Alley, as usual. I basically scouted out the con for what I wanted on Day 1 and then made the actual purchases on Day 2. Above you can see myself with artist, Finni Chang, who did a lot of the artwork for the con! I bought her prints that she made just for the con! She was very humble!

*I'll be posting my Fanime haul in a separate post very soon! Stay tuned! It is of course pic-heavy, so I want to keep it separate!
[with the Super Cue mascot]


I took a picture with the Super Cue guy in the Dealer's Hall, where all the food was. No, I didn't eat anything from there! I just thought it would be cute to take a picture with him.
[drinks at the Marriott connected to the San Jose Convention Center]


I did have a few drinks before heading back into the Artist Alley though. This is also at the Marriott in the San Jose Convention Center.
[cosplayer as Lieutenant Uhura]


This lovely woman stopped me in Artist Alley for my picture! Of course, I had to get one of her! She was an amazing tribute to Lieutenant Uhura and I think Nichelle Nichols would be proud!
This guy also stopped me for my photo and I couldn't resist! I think when there are 2 kawaii people together then you have to take a pic!
[in front of Alagaesha Art's booth]


At this point, my friend, Heather, was pretty sick, but she was such a trooper! She hung in there and she sold that art and all those pins! I was so proud of her! (The guy in the back is her friend, Mike.)
On my way out of the con, this little girl stopped me for a pic! I actually had quite a few children stop me for pics throughout the day. It was an amazing feeling to know they felt like I represented Hatsune Miku so well!
[cosplayer as Jedi Princess Tiana]


As I was walking down the street, I saw this beautiful lady as Princess Tiana in Jedi form! Absolutely brilliant! She and her whole group were really nice!

Well, that sums up my Fanime 2017 con! I was only at the convention for maybe an hour or so on the final day, Monday, and I did not cosplay or have any pictures. I just made some final purchases, said "goodbye" to Heather, and left. Feel free to check out my instagram @thebunnie where I have more pictures from the con posted!

1 comment: