Thursday, September 24, 2015

Bandai Sailor Moon Outer Senshi Gashapon Liprod Cans Part 3

[Photo Credit: Bandai Promotional Ad]

Today I'm sharing the Bandai Gashapon Cans Part 3 that were released for the 20th anniversary. These were released in the Spring of this year, so if you're a Sailor Moon fan these are not new to you. I purchased my set off of eBay, which was the cheapest option for me. Vendors have these for sale at cons, but the price of just one wand is as much or more than I bought this set for on eBay. Obviously, the more affordable option for me was eBay. - My decision on buying the third set first is that I wanted Sailor Neptune's wand. If you haven't figured it out yet, my favorite outer scout is Sailor Neptune!
[Bandai Gashapon Cans Part 3]

The rods arrived in cans, as the title reads. There are four rods total in Part 3 and so there are four cans. My cans arrived in a very padded envelope. They were surrounded in cardboard, but no fancy packaging or anything, so I do not have anything to share in that aspect.
[Bandai Gashapon Wands Part 3 in packages]

Inside of the cans are the rods that come packaged in plastic and each part of the rod is separated in the plastic from the other parts of the rod, so each part of the rod has to be cut open.
[Bandai Gashapon Chibimoon Wand disassembled]

After opening up each part of the package, the wand or rod will look like the picture above. In the picture is the Chibimoon rod (for those who don't know) before I put it together. In order: Back stick, base of rod, stand, head of the rod.

I did not take pictures of every wand disassembled, but they all look like the picture above, so not much to see.
[Left to Right: Chibimoon, Sailor Pluto, Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune]

Here are all 4 wands after I assembled them all. The assembly is quite easy; all I had to do was put the clear stick into the base, then put the other end into the rod. Before that I attached the head of the rod onto the base of the stick of the rod.

The only advice I'll give to those who may purchase these in the future- the plastic part that holds the wand up is a little tricky to set right. If at first you put it in and it doesn't seem to say in or hold right, just keep adjusting it, because it will go in and stay in, it just seems that some of them need to be put in at just the right angle.

As you can see, these are all fully plastic and the rods sport metallic coloring. If you look closely at Sailor Pluto's wand you can see my reflection! The heart part of the three outer scout rods are indeed mirrors; you can see yourself in them.
[base of Sailor Pluto's wand]

Just an FYI- Your eyes did not deceive you! Inside of the base of the stick part is lipstick. The lipstick is plastic and not for real use. The base of the rod does not come off either. However, turn the rounded knob and the lipstick can be lowered or raised. I choose to make it visible, but not fully raised.
Here are all of the wands in detail!
[Chibimoon]
[Sailor Pluto]
[Sailor Uranus]
[Sailor Neptune]

The rods are all lightweight and as I said before, made of plastic. There is a bit of cheapness in the feel to them, but I do think they look cute. If you're a Sailor Moon fan than these are obviously a must have!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cosplay is not where it needs to be, but I just started a couple months ago. I'll blog my updated cosplays as time goes on. I hope to improve a lot in 2016. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. Also, I don't know how your comment got deleted! I swear I just hit reply and it was gone!

      Delete