Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Unboxing: Marvel Collector Corps - August Box

Okay, we've reached the end of my Collector Corps unboxings! After this post, I am all caught up. I'm not that far behind with the August box as I just received it about two weeks ago, but I know plenty of people have already unboxed and reviewed it. I'm still going to offer my thoughts. It still surprises me when big Marvel fans tell me that they have no idea about the program. Before posting this, I was talking to a friend of mine who is a die hard Marvel franchise fan and he had no idea this program existed! So, for people like him who are out there or just curious, check this post out!
[Marvel Collector Corps August Box]

So, last time in June, I received an extra box. If you read my last post the company allowed me to keep it without charge. This time I received two extra boxes and only paid for 1! Not sure why this is happening and it is most likely a glitch in their system, but it's a nice surprise.
[Marvel Collector Corps patch & pin for August]

Like June's box, August's box opened to a flat piece that contained the patch and the pin for the month. The patch features the new Captain America and the pin has the new Iron Man. The top piece of the card board box folds up to reveal the rest of the contents. As, for the pin and patch, they're my favorite so far from Collector Corps!
[Secret Wars #1 Collector Corps Variant]

When the top of the inside cardboard piece was removed it revealed the monthly variant comic. August featured the new Thor in her Pop! form and the comic was #1 of the Secret Wars series. As stated before, I do not read most Marvel comics, but I am a fan of empowered females and so I like the cover! It intrigues me to read it, so I just may! -I will add that this month's comic came bagged and boarded, unlike the two previous months when the monthly comic was loose and did not even have a bag.
[Marvel Collector Corps exclusive Thor & Spider-Man]

Underneath the comic was two exclusive Pop! bobbleheads! On the left is #97 and is the new Thor from Secret Wars. On the right is #98 Spider-Man aka Miles Morales. I really liked the fact that this time the pops were divided and well secured. (The monthly tee was actually on top of the Pop! Vinyls and I will show that later.)
[Marvel Collector Corps exclusive Pop! Vinyl #97 Thor (Secret Wars)]

Here's a close up of #97 - Thor (Secret Wars). As I said earlier, as a woman, it is great to see empowered females in any form. So, I am loving this Pop! figure. I have not taken her out of the box, but I plan to at some point. She has a hammer, but it's hidden by the art on the box. This figure is an exclusive to the Collector Corps program and not available in stores. Any company selling these most likely purchased boxes themselves.
[Marvel Collector Corps exclusive Pop! Vinyl #98 Spider-Man (Miles Morales)]

Here's a close up of the other exclusive Pop! vinyl bobble-head from the August box. This one is #98 and is Miles Morales as Spider-Man. He looks pretty cool and I have not taken him out of the box either. Not sure if I will, but he's nice to add to the collection.
[Marvel Collector Corps Secret Wars Tee]

August's tee was a black shirt with "Secret Wars" printed on top and featuring Thor, Spider-Man, Captain America, and Iron Man in their Pop! Vinyl forms. This is my favorite tee so far from the program and it kind of made me wish I had gotten the shirt in XS, but as always I ordered a XL and it was gifted to my Marvel friend. I may have to start ordering them for me though........
[packaging from the Marvel Collector Corps August Box]

Over all, I really liked August's box. I wasn't overly thrilled with June, but I liked it. Mostly, what I liked about June's box was the great improvements in service and I saw even more improvements for August; not only were the boxes shipped on time, but the packaging was greatly increased in terms of security and protection! As you can see in the picture above, they made great strides in the design of their boxes to insure that items arrived intact! I'm also always amazed at the detail they put inside the boxes! I do not know any other company who does this! Over all, for someone who is not following the comic Secret Wars series, I thought the box was cute and great for collectors! I will definitely be getting a box in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment