Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Unboxing: Marvel Collector Corps - June Box

If you read the previous post then you know that I'm behind on all of this and I'm piling through to catch up to August, and get this all done before October! I had to take a little bit of a break because of work and friends, but hey! it's the end of summer and I gotta live it up before it's over! You understand, right?

So, after the disaster that was the introduction to the Collector Corps program and the lengthy wait (not to mention the effort) to get the box, I decided to give it one last month. Normally I like to try things out for about 3-5 months, but I just couldn't take a battle three months in a row; my mind was made up and if it was a disaster in June then I was not going to get a box for August. - There was a slight hiccup between the April box and the June box, but nothing too extreme. The issue was that if you had Pay Pal as your automatic payment every month they cancelled it and you had to sign up again. I am assuming this had to do with PayPal becoming an independent company (separate from eBay), but I don't actually know the cause. Collector Corps stated that there was an "issue" and that was all. Never the less, support on Facebook let us know when it was safe to sign up again and they also sent out an email. I was able to get my payment on time for June. Unlike the first box, they did not let orders for the box go long. They took pre-orders and then it was shut down before the boxes shipped out.
[Marvel Collector Corps - June Box]

The theme for the June box was Ant-Man, which made sense because the movie was due out in July. Collector Corps did announce the theme of the box early, so you could decide if you wanted to get one or not. The contents were not revealed.


I was greatly surprised when my boxes were delivered, considering that I only ordered one and was only charged for one. I contacted Collector Corps and they said it was their "error" and I could keep the extra box, which was very nice of them.

[Marvel Collector Corps Ant-Man pin & patch from the June box]

When I first opened the box it was a bit different than April's box. Instead of all of the contents just being put in the box it had a cover over the main contents and it featured the patch and pin for the month. (As I stated in the last post, every month comes with an exclusive pin and patch.) Both the patch and the pin featured Ant-Man.
[contents of the June box for Marvel Collector Corps]

When I opened the boxes they were identical in content. Both contained an exclusive Collector Corps Ant-Man Pop! and 2 Funko Ant-Man blind boxes. The Blind boxes were not exclusives and you did only get 2 of them, leaving you to hunt for the other 2 if you wanted a complete set, as there were 4 in all.
[Funko Pop! #87 Ant-Man - Collector Corps Exclusive]

I'll start off with an up-close view of Pop! figure. It is Ant-Man without a helmet, but the best part is the exclusive "Funko's Smallest Bobblehead", which is Ant-Man when he shrinks! Very cool, in my opinion. I have not taken mine out of the box yet, but I look forward to that.

[Funko Pop! Ant-Man series]


The back of the Pop! figure featured the other Pop! figures you could collect in the Ant-Man series from the movie. Obviously, these would be available where Pop! figures are regularly sold.
[Funko Ant-Man Mystery Minis Series]

As I said before- the Mystery Minis were not exclusives to Collector Corps and you only received 2 boxes, leaving you to search for the other 4 if you wanted all of them. The box featured all 4 mini bobble-heads to collect.
[All 4 Mystery Minis from the Ant-Man series]

So, like I said before, I received an extra box and so I had 4 Mystery Mini boxes to open. I really lucked out and received all 4! I could have had doubles, but I somehow was fortunate enough to get the whole series. So, no extra money was spent for this series! I was quite pleased!
[Ant-Man Comic #5 - Collector Corps Variant]

As always, the box came with a comic that has an exclusive variant cover. This box had an Ant-Man comic, which appears to be #5, and since I do not read most Marvel comics......I have yet to actually read it. I do like the cover though.
[Collector Corps Ant-Man Tee]

Unlike the previous box, this box only had 1 tee for everyone. So, I received 2 shirts that were the same.
[Collector Corps Ant-Man tee design]

The shirt was simple. It is all black and says "Ant-Man" on the front. Under the lettering is Ant-Man in the "actual size" of when he shrinks. Simple, yet cute. I actually would have worn this 1, but I still just ordered the "XL" size and gave it away. I still have the other one, so maybe I'll cut it up and make it fit or just wear it as a lounge tee.

Overall, I really liked this box. While the exclusives were not as great as the first box (in my opinion), I think that was mostly due to the fact that I am not an Ant-Man fan. I did have more appreciation for the series after watching the movie, but I just felt like the HulkBuster Pop! and the Dorbz included in the April box were pretty hard to beat. Honestly, I cannot beat the price for the fact that I only paid for 1 box and received double the quantity. The transaction, shipment, arrival, and packaging were all much improved from the first box as well. So, after June's box I was definitely getting 1 in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment